The Cluster helps members to work together to improve business and grow Scotland’s share in a multi-billion pound global maritime market. Maritime organisations across diverse fields delivering against a shared vision and interacting via a network of expertise through:
- Communication (bring together disparate groups in an arena to discuss and interact).
- Concentration on the long term (think forward).
- Coordination (through networks and partnerships).
- Consensus (attainment of a common vision).
- Commitment to deliver a shared vision of growing Scotland’s maritime economy.
Members include ship builders, ship management companies, naval architects and designers, maritime engineers, offshore energy providers and universities and other education and training institutions.
Through membership funding, the Cluster provides a platform for the various constituent elements of the maritime sector and the related supply chain in Scotland to emerge from their respective silos.